|27 Oct 2019||Update||Version 1.15.0|
|21 Sep 2019||Update||Version 1.13.1|
|12 Sep 2019||Update||Version 1.13.0|
|21 May 2019||First price detected||$5.99|
|15 Apr 2019||Update||Version 1.12.2|
|30 May 2017||Release|
Halide is a groundbreaking app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools, and a beautiful UI designed from scratch for the latest iPhones, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide to change exposure and manual focus with a swipe. Halide’s professional tools include focus peaking, histograms, adaptive level grid, manual depth capture, and RAW support on supported phones.* Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs.
- Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface
- An intuitive and fast lens switcher designed especially for iPhone 11 Pro
- On iPhone X and later, a custom-designed UI that is completely usable with one hand
- Manual Depth Capture: Take portraits of pets and objects on iPhone XR
- Focus peaking and powerful manual focus*
- Full manual controls including shutter speed, ISO and white balance
- Live histograms for perfect exposure*
- Captures RAW, TIFF, HEIC or JPG for the best quality shots*
- Grid overlay with built-in level
- Quick-review of your last few shots
- Intelligent automatic and manual mode
The Ultra Wide camera on iPhone 11 and 11 Pro does not support RAW or manual focus.
Histograms require iPhone 6 or later. (6, 6S, 7, 8, X, XS, XR, SE, 11, 11 Pro)
RAW requires iPhone 6S or later. (6S, 7, 8, X, XS, XR, SE, 11, 11 Pro)
Depth Capture requires iPhone 7 Plus, 8 Plus, X, XS, XR, 11, 11 Pro.
Our option to enable Smartest Processing will allow you to shoot with the highest possible quality image processing. This means extra dynamic range and quality when shooting with Smart HDR on iPhone XS or newer.
Note that our new Smartest Processing option requires an iPhone XS or newer, and Deep Fusion requires iPhone 11 or 11 Pro.
Unfortunately, iOS does not allow shooting with both RAW and this extensive image processing. Remember, if you want to shoot in HEIC or JPG, simply off RAW in the QuickBar by tapping the RAW icon.
If you'd like to shoot faster, or this processing just isn't your thing, you can always disable it in "Advanced Settings." This won't affect Halide's own Smart RAW.
What else is new? We have something for everyone: We've fixed issues with depth capture that appeared alongside iOS 13. With this update, we cut down its memory usage to avoid crashes, and tracked down when iOS fails to capture a depth photo altogether. That means faster Depth shots for all iPhones with Depth support and a more stable app. Hooray!
Thank you for supporting us. If you dig this update, consider leaving a review. If you have any issues or feedback, you can reach out to us at [email protected], or ping us on Twitter at @halidecamera and we'll see what we can do. Don't forget to tag your photos #ShotWithHalide to be featured.
We're working on cool stuff to take advantage of new hardware, but we don't want to leave you hanging on the first weekend with your new phone. This small update improves the lens-switcher and Technical Readout to support the new hardware.
We’ve been working around the clock to get you this update as soon as we could!
This update fixes a few bugs in Halide related to the latest versions of iOS. Apart from bug fixes and enhancements, while we were cleaning things up we also sped up RAW loading by 300%. Whoa!
We really appreciate your feedback and comments, so if you run into any issues, please let us know at [email protected], and we'll get right on it.
This is a huge month for us and for iPhones, so stay tuned for exciting bigger updates soon — to support all the shiny new iPhones!
-- Ben & Sebastiaan
* Added Siri Voice Shortcut configuration directly in Halide. Go to "Advanced Settings," and tap "Setup Siri Shortcuts."
* Added a Siri Voice Shortcut to open the reviewer
* Added a Siri Voice Shortcut to launch in selfie mode
* Added a 3D Touch shortcut to open Halide in selfie mode
* Fixed a clipping issue in the Apple Watch app
* Fixed the location setting switch not taking effect right away
Finally, we've cut our download size by 50%. Eight megabytes may not seem like much, but that could fit all of Windows 3.1.
Thank you for supporting Halide! If you like what we're doing, got an issue fixed in this update, or just love the app, consider leaving a review! It helps a lot.
If you have any issues or feedback, please let us know at [email protected], and we'll see what we can do.
All prices are displayed in dollars (USD $). This price was last checked on the United States of America App Store 2 days ago and may have changed.