|22 Feb 2020||Reduction||Free|
|10 Feb 2020||Update||Version 4.1.4|
|03 Feb 2020||Update||Version 4.1.3|
|23 Jan 2020||First price detected||$1.99|
|22 Jan 2020||Update||Version 4.1|
|02 Sep 2011||Release|
NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro has been updated for iOS 13 and beyond.
Hi-definition radar provides stunning precipitation detail. See freezing rain (pink) areas of radar so you know where hazardous road conditions are likely.
• Install and go, no complex setup.
• Select transparency of radar imagery for your preference.
• Sharp radar imagery even on retina displays that show the latest radar images within minutes.
• Show the weather map full-screen on your device and hide the app buttons for a fantastic full-screen map view of radar activity. Looks especially great on iPad!
• Tap and hold on the map to check current weather conditions and forecasts (for U.S. locations, and some non-U.S. locations where available).
• Show your GPS position, direction of travel and elevation on the map when enabled.
• Bookmark multiple locations for fast and easy access to your favorite places.
• Current conditions, hourly and five-day forecasts alongside detailed weather information for all your locations, including pressure readings for all your locations.
Show Weather Layers on the map so you can see Past Weather imagery (for U.S. locations, and some non-U.S. locations where available):
• Clouds & Radar together
• Temperatures Map
• Water Temps Map
• Wind Speeds Map
• Snow Fall Map
• Road Weather Map
Show Severe Weather Overlays and alerts on the map so you can see severe weather warning boxes where dangerous weather is happening (U.S. locations only):
• Tap alert boxes on the map to view info
• Tornadoes and Thunderstorm watches and warnings
• Flood watches and warnings
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm watches and warnings
• Storm Tracks showing direction of storm in the next few minutes
• Winter storm watches and warnings
• Marine and coastal alerts
• View Lightning strikes on the map (no additional purchase necessary)
Enhance your app with two optional auto-renewing monthly subscriptions:
• Buy Future Weather ($0.99/month) to unlock these 6 features:
1) Future Radar: See predicted radar imagery for the next few hours.
2) Future Clouds: See predicted cloud imagery for the next few hours.
3) Future Clouds & Radar together: See predicted clouds and radar imagery together for the next few hours.
4) Future Temperatures Map: See predicted future temperatures map.
5) Future Water Temps Map: See predicted future water temperatures map.
6) Future Wind Speeds Map: See predicted future wind speeds map.
• Buy Lightning Notifications ($0.99/month) to unlock this 1 feature:
1) Be notified when lightning strikes nearby. Get a push notification whenever lightning strikes near your Saved Locations up to 10 miles away. (At this time, Current Location is not supported by Lightning Notifications.)
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Squashed a bug that caused the lightning strikes to stop displaying on the map in version 4.0 when the 'Severe Weather Overlays' Lightning layer is enabled by the user. (This bug was inadvertently introduced in the version 4.0 app update on 01/14/2020, and because of the lack of thunderstorms and lightning during our January testing, we weren't able to verify lightning strikes on the map until now. Thanks to Mississippi and Alabama for their early February severe weather and lightning that helped us verify this. :) )
We hope you enjoy the improvements to NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro!
• Squashed two bugs that affected the app's behavior when in its Current Location modes, which caused some inconsistent map zooming and location update behavior.
To clarify the Current Location modes:
There are 3 different modes available when tapping the Current Location arrow button (i.e. on the Map screen in the lower-left corner of the menu).
MODE #1: "Navigation Mode" -- When you tap the Current Location arrow button the first time, this activates "Navigation Mode" as noted by the small "+" icon next to the highlighted Current Location arrow.
This mode is intended to be used while plugged into external power, for use as a "follow me" mode (i.e. while being used by a passenger in a moving vehicle). Continued use of this mode can dramatically decrease battery life.
This mode auto zooms in tight specifically for "Navigation Mode", so you can follow the blue dot's progress on the map.
The blue dot's Current Location is updated anytime the app detects a change in Current Location. After entering this mode, you can adjust the map's zoom level as desired.
This mode also turns on the top-left corner display for estimated MPH and elevation.
This mode also turns on the bottom-right corner display to show your Current Location's weather condition. This weather display gets updated every 5 minutes.
MODE #2: "Current Location Mode" -- While in "Navigation Mode", tap the Current Location arrow a second time to disable "Navigation Mode" (as noted by the Current Location arrow still highlighted, but the little "+" icon is now removed), to keep your Current Location blue dot active.
This mode is intended to be used to quickly check the weather conditions at your Current Location, and then turn this mode off. Continued use of this mode can decrease battery life.
This mode reduces the frequency of Current Location updates to help save on battery. While in this mode, Current Location will only update if a location change of 2 miles or greater has occurred.
This mode turns off the top-left corner display for estimated MPH and elevation, keeps on the bottom-right corner display for Current Location weather, and zooms out the map to provide a broader view so you can see weather activity moving toward your Current Location.
MODE #3: "Current Location Off" -- While in "Current Location Mode", tap the Current Location arrow a third time to disable the Current Location blue dot completely.
We hope this helps explain the intended functionality of the app's Current Location features.
• Squashed a bug where the base map view (i.e. 'Satellite' or 'Dark' map view) would not keep the user's preference after the app was force closed and re-launched (even though the selection checkmark persisted correctly in the menu item).
• Squashed a bug where the Current Location blue dot (assuming Current Location was enabled by the user) would not display the Current Location's weather conditions correctly when the blue dot was tapped, as it did in the old version 3.x app.
• Squashed a bug where the 'Storm Tracks' (assuming user tapped a 'Storm Track' icon on the map) displayed an incorrect direction in the text information window for the storm cell's directional movement.
• Squashed a bug where the 'Storm Tracks' (assuming user tapped a 'Storm Track' icon on the map) displayed an incorrect "0 mph" in the text information window for the storm cell's speed movement.
• Squashed a bug where the 'Share' button on the Map screen was not working on iPad.
• Squashed a bug where the 'Radar' layer (if enabled by user) was not appearing over Europe, as it did in the old version 3.x app.
• We also made some adjustments to correct a few minor user interface layout issues that affected some users on certain devices.
Thanks for your patience as we worked through these issues in the previous 4.0 release, and we hope you enjoy the improvements!
All prices are displayed in dollars (USD $). This price was last checked on the United States of America App Store 2 weeks ago and may have changed.