|26 Sep 2019||Update||Version 7.5.1|
|19 Sep 2019||Update||Version 7.5|
|18 Sep 2019||Reduction||Free|
|22 Jul 2019||Update||Version 7.4|
|24 Jun 2019||Update||Version 7.3.2|
|21 May 2019||First price detected||$3.99|
|16 May 2019||Update||Version 7.3.1|
|26 Jan 2011||Release|
Here's what the press has to say:
Wired: "Pocket Casts Is the Podcast App Every iPhone User Needs"
iMore: "Pocket Casts is the best podcast app for iPhone"
With a unique set of simple yet powerful features and a limitless podcast database, you're sure to find something you love.
WE SWEAT THE DETAILS
Design: Easily listen to, manage and find new podcasts.
Themes: Whether you're a dark or light theme person we've got you covered. We even have you OLED lovers covered with our Extra Dark theme.
Universal: Custom but familiar iPad interface, supporting Slide Over, Split View and Picture in Picture.
Everywhere: CarPlay, AirPlay, Chromecast and Sonos. Listen to your podcasts in more places than ever before.
Up next: Automatically build a playback queue from your favorite shows. Sign in and have that Up Next queue sync to all your devices.
Trim silence: Cut silences from episodes so you finish them faster, saving hours.
Variable speed: Change the play speed from anywhere between 0.5 to 3x.
Volume boost: Increase the volume of voices, while decreasing background noise.
Stream: Play episodes on the fly.
Chapters: Jump between chapters easily, and enjoy embedded artwork that the author has added (we support MP3 and M4A chapter formats).
Audio & video: Play all of your favorite episodes, toggle video to audio.
Skip playback: Skip episode intros, jump through episodes with custom skip intervals.
Apple Watch: Control playback from our Apple Watch app, adjust the volume or change playback effects, all without ever touching your phone.
Sleep timer: We'll pause your episode so you can rest your weary head.
Airplay & Chromecast: Send episodes straight to your TV or speakers with a single tap.
Sonos: Browse and play your podcast collection directly from the Sonos app.
CarPlay: When you're in the car, so are we.
Sync: Subscriptions, Up Next, listening history, playback and filters are all securely stored in the cloud. You can pick up where you left off on another device and even the web.
Refresh: Let our servers check for new episodes, so you can get on with your day.
Notifications: We'll let you know when new episodes arrive, if you like.
Auto download: Automatically download episodes for offline playback.
Filters: Custom filters will organize your episodes.
Storage: All the tools you need to keep your podcasts tamed.
ALL YOUR FAVORITES
Discover: Subscribe to any podcast in iTunes and more. Browse by charts, networks and categories.
Share: Spread the word with podcast and episode sharing.
OPML: Jump on board without any hassle with OPML import. Export your collection at any time.
There are many more powerful, straight-forward features that make Pocket Casts the perfect podcasting app for you. So what are you waiting for?
Visit pocketcasts.com for more info about the web and other platforms supported by Pocket Casts.
- Improved the reliability of syncing between iOS devices
- Fixed various small theming issues
- Fixed an issue where your chapter info could get shown on top of the episode name. Efficient, but it looked kinda odd.
- Fixed a few iPhone SE sized issues. Mad respect for those of you still rocking those tiny little phones.
- Fixes an issue where the files section would show a full file upload progress even though nothing was being uploaded
- Fixes the -37 years issue. As some of you know we made a last minute change here in terms of how Plus memberships work, but the version we'd submitted many weeks before that didn't support the display of it
- Fixed a few other crashes and issues reported to us
Today, things are different. We have the backing of some amazing partners, all of whom come from, and firmly believe in, an open access model. For a while now we've felt that charging for the app conflicted with their core values of being open and available to everyone. Clearly we had to do something about it, and so in the spirit of Shifty Jelly of yore, we did. After many months of hard work, we introduce you to version 7.5!
If you want a detailed write up on everything that's changing and why it's changing please visit our blog (blog.pocketcasts.com). We'd love to share some highlights on here though:
- The app is now completely free, and every feature previously available in the paid version is still available in the free version.
- We've introduced a completely optional premium tier: Pocket Casts Plus. Among other benefits, Plus members get exclusive access to new themes and icons.
- You can now import your own audio files into Pocket Casts and listen to them sped up and with silences removed. Plus members can also upload these files to the cloud so they are available on all your devices.
- Improved account control. You can now do things like change your email and password inside the app, without having to go to the web.
- Performance enhancements and fixes. We spent a large part of this release focussing on performance and usability, tweaking and honing the app to make it our most refined release yet.
We hope you'll join us on this next stage of our journey. To all of you who haven't told a friend about us because our app was paid, now's your chance!
- Added keyboard shortcuts for iPad. Zip around the UI. Play, pause, skip and more. Let your fingers do the talking!
- More improvements to syncing, especially for those that play podcasts they aren't subscribed to. We get it, commitment is scary.
- Fixed an issue that could cause your Up Next list to be cleared (thanks to the beta testers who helped us find this)
- Fixed an issue that could cause you to not be able to subscribe to a podcast. Goes with the issue above really, no excuses anymore.
- Fixed re-arrange controls being missing in Up Next for a certain redacted, yet public, shall we say fruity beta OS
- Full screen video player now hides the status bar like it should
- Other small (and large but hard to describe) improvements, as always!
- Improved accessibility
- Fixed some issues with syncing episode progress
- App now applies auto-archive limit settings sooner than the next time it refreshes
- Play all now warns you about clearing your Up Next list
- Fixed an issue where sorting oldest -> newest and grouping by seasons would still leave the latest season at the top
- Fixed a visual issue when pulling down on the full screen player
- Fixed an issue that could cause podcasts you'd subscribed to on other devices not to be added during a sync
- Fixed an issue that could cause items in your listening history to be duplicated
- Fixed an issue where episode durations might not be updated properly
We also fixed some things too mundane or long to list up there. It's fixes all the way down, as the kids say. No Gary, you're not a kid, put your hand down. For Zeus sakes. Why can't you be more like Jenny?
- Fixes an issue with using the older format of our subscribe links to get to a podcast
- Improved grammar by 33%. Your welcome
All prices are displayed in dollars (USD $). This price was last checked on the United States of America App Store 2021 years ago and may have changed.